Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
What can be processed with the MPPU’s equipment?
- The MPPU is currently set up to process poultry between 5 to 40 pounds LIVE WEIGHT.
What CANNOT be processed with the MPPU’s equipment?
- The MPPU cannot handle small birds such as quail, young, or bantam chickens. It is also not equipped to handle waterfowl.
- The MPPU cannot be used to process rabbits.
How many birds can the MPPU handle?
- That depends on poultry size and breed, and your available labor. Standard broilers are processed quicker than an “old hen”. The number of workers available and their processing experience will also affect efficiency. A minimal staff of 4 experienced workers should be able to process between 15 and 30 standard broilers per hour or 5 and 10 turkeys per hour.
Will I be able to use the MPPU for packaging?
- The MPPU does not provide equipment to package products at this time.
Can I keep the MPPU over-night for 2-day processing?
- Possibly. Overnight rental of the MPPU will only be allowed for very large processing needs and only for farms that have proven to be responsible and reliable customers.
Can I pick-up and return the MPPU myself?
- TRiP does not allow other farms to move the MPPU. Only authorized members of the TRiP team are allowed to take the unit on the road.
How much does it cost to rent the MPPU?
- $99.00 for Half-day (drop-off by 8 am and pick-up by 1 pm same day)
- $149.00 for Full-day (drop-off by 8 am and pick-up by 6 pm same day)
- Plus: $2.50/mile transport fee based on the distance of the customer’s farm from TRiP’s base farm location.
- Plus: A refundable $100 deposit. All or part of this amount will be returned after MPPU has been inspected to make sure all equipment has been suitably cleaned and returned in good condition.
What does the rental fee include?
- A member of TRiP will deliver the MPPU to your farm, assist in unloading and setting it up and then leave while you use the unit. The TRiP member will return to inspect and assist in loading up the MPPU for its return to base farm.
- The basic unit consists of the trailer, the main pieces of processing equipment (kill station, scalder, plucker, evisceration station, stainless steel tables), hook-up to your water supply and water hoses and nozzles needed to supply each piece of equipment, electrical hook-up to your power supply and gas hook-up to your LP gas cylinder.
What does the rental fee NOT include?
- TRiP does NOT provide labor for processing the birds, LP gas and cylinder, ice, cleaning supplies, coolers or cutlery. There are also other miscellaneous items that you may want to supply that may come in handy to facilitate the process (i.e.: aprons, gloves, food-grade bins, totes and other containers).
Who will be allowed to rent the MPPU?
- TRiP urges all potential customers to take an Agricultural Extension office’s “Safe Poultry Processing” training class before attempting to process you own poultry on your own farm. TRiP will also require all first-time renters to participate in a training class held by TRiP to learn how to safely set-up, use, break-down and clean the equipment provided on the MPPU. Please contact TRiP for more information on these important training classes.
Incredible post. Articles that have significant and savvy remarks are more agreeable, at any rate to me. It’s fascinating to peruse what other individuals thought and how it identifies them or their customers, as their point of view could help you later on. Industrial Dry Ice Cleaning Services UKReplyDelete
You have given important data for us. It is excellent and informative for everyone. Always keep posting. I am very thankful to you. Read more info about dry ice cleaning companyReplyDelete
We wanted to take a moment to tell you about some of the san jose aduReplyDelete
Excellent post. I really enjoy reading and also appreciate your work.expert dry ice cleaning services Victoria This concept is a good way to enhance knowledge. Keep sharing this kind of articles, Thank you.ReplyDelete
Great blog. Thanks for sharing. fence-installation-buffalo-nyReplyDelete
Amazing content. Kansas city concrete repairReplyDelete
Your blogs and every other content are thus interesting and helpful it makes me return back again.ReplyDelete
Concrete Patio Kennewick Is the best patio concrete company, you can always contact them.
You are providing such an informative article here. You have described everything which is easily understandable to everyone. Keep sharing this kind of articles, Thank you.ReplyDelete
Learn more about tree care
There are certain things that professional contractors can identify and spot to prevent your pavers from damages. | Driveway Stone ContractorReplyDelete
Thanks a lot for sharing this information with us, I didn't know that such processing equipment ever existed! I will share this awesome post with my favorite ac service in gainesvilleReplyDelete
You have impressed me by your writing skills, keep writing good content.ReplyDelete
How about visiting the best Retaining Wall Harrisonburg
It is clear that everyone interested in poultry husbandry can benefit from the website. A wide range of topics are covered in the FAQ section, which also addresses frequent queries and offers in-depth justifications. The website is dedicated to assisting poultry farmers and hobbyists in making informed decisions and succeeding in their pursuits, as seen by the thoroughness of the material supplied. Career Coaching Center of ClevelandReplyDelete